Saturday, July 12, 2008

Freewheelin' Farm

Every Thursday we go out to Freewheelin' Farm -a local 1 acre organic farm up highway 1 run by Kirstin, Darryl and Amy. We help them with their CSA harvest, any farm tasks like transplanting and weeding, we take care of the ducks and chickens, cook lunch from their veggies, and do "Straight Talk" -a check-in and evaluation process for ourselves and each other.

You can see more about Freewheelin farm at www.coastroad.net/FreewheelinFarm


Some thoughts from the crew about Freewheelin' Farm:

“The first day we came here we cleaned garlic for CSA bags and thinned carrots. Someone explained about different types of soil and how to know which one you have, and I knew I was really learning.”

“I’ve had a really fun time here on Freewheelin’ Farm. Planting seeds and then watching them grow and harvesting them for the CSA.”

“I have learned a lot at Freewheelin’ Farm like taking care of chickens and ducks. I have had a lot of wonderful experiences here. I learned to harvest crops and build character. We always have wonderful food here.”

No comments: