Thursday, August 20, 2009

Here is what the 2009 crew said about their experience in "Food, What?!"



“I feel like I can finally see myself, and change according to how I want to grow as a person.  I have accomplished more this summer physically, mentally, and spiritually than I could have ever hoped for….I understand the importance of being healthy and growing organically, and have the tools to be a leader in my community and to help people.”         -Mark

“I have changed a lot since I started working on an organic farm. I haven’t eaten as much bad food like burgers and sodas, or as much candy.  Now I like to eat more fruits and vegetables ‘cause its very good and healthy. I try to tell people that organic food is the best and it is what they should eat.”
                                                                        -Oscar

“I have accomplished leadership skills, cooking, and harvesting skills. I have learned to open up to people I’ve just met. I have accomplished maturity and growth. I have learned to work hard and be serious when needed or asked to. I’ve learned to talk in front of an entire group without getting nervous. I am more focused on eating and staying healthy.”          -Jakob

“I have learned how to be more confident, how to work hard, how to manage my money, how to have my own garden and grow my own food, how to be a better person, how to do things for the community, how to help others… I have learned so much.  I feel like I have actually done something useful with my time and I am really proud of that.”         -Amber

“I think I have grown up a lot and realized that I need to be a lot healthier because my body needs the good stuff.  I am more open to trying new things, my level of confidence grew and I grew as a leader. This summer I think will change the rest of my life for the better.”         -Logan

“What I have accomplished this summer is that I found myself. I have become a better person. I think the most important things I have learned are leadership skills, how to run my own farm, and more about myself. I have grown in many ways –physically, mentally. I am proud of the person I have become. I feel like I have done so much for myself and others.  I have grown to be one smart, independent lady!”         -Christy

“This summer I have accomplished a lot for myself.  I stepped out of my comfort zone and did something that I would normally never do.  I got dirty and worked on a farm almost every day of the summer and for me that was big….I feel like I have grown from my experiences and learned from my mistakes…I am a lot more willing and open to try new things now.”   -Taimane

“I feel more mature and grown up after this experience.  Everyone deserves chances like this. I have learned to grow food properly, harvest, and cook it.  It’s a really good thing to know because it saves a lot of cash and it’s the healthy choice.  I have more understanding about the world, different points of view, and I am able to step up when no one wants to.”          -Joslyn

“I have accomplished gaining more self-respect.  “Food, What?!” is such a great place that makes everyone feel comfortable… I have changed by being focused and making sure I show up on time. That wouldn’t happen before “Food, What?!”         -Brandon

“In my lunch time I eat different than what I used to eat.”    -Franky



No comments: