Friday, February 15, 2013

Welcome to our Associate Director - Alex Carelli!

I'm bursting with excitement to share with you all some big news...at the end of last year, Meg and Gary Hirshberg of Stonyfield Farm, gave FoodWhat an incredibly generous gift to support our need for staff expansion! With the funds provided, FoodWhat was able to add a third staff person including salary, benefits, taxes, a computer--everything!

It is thus my pleasure to introduce to you, ALEX, our new and fantastic Associate Director.  In her first few weeks with FoodWhat she has already drafted an alumni plan, laid the groundwork towards a college support program for FoodWhat youth, and created new internal systems to strengthen FoodWhat's work moving forward. You can expect great growth from FoodWhat in 2013 with this new player on the team! 




"It is so nice to meet you all and I am thrilled to be part of the growing FoodWhat team! I recently moved to Santa Cruz from New York City where I was doing youth empowerment through technology education and outdoor leadership in the Bronx. It is a HUGE transition from the big city to beach town. I am super impressed with the work FoodWhat is doing and looking forward to working together to take it to the next level. I hope to connect with you all sometime soon and don't hesitate to reach out with any questions, ideas, or redwood forest hiking suggestions! Hit me up at alex@foodwhat.org."

1 comment:

Life Lab Garden Classroom said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.