Friday, May 30, 2014

"Food, What?!" May Photo of the Month


48 Youth Successfully Complete 2014 Spring Internship!
(Farm Olympics as part of final day)
We closed the last day of each group in a circle where each youth and staff offered personal "triumphs" from over the course of their Spring Internship:

Pedro: “I think my triumph is going through the trials and tribulations of coming here and working hard and breaking a sweat; but it was a good sweat and I enjoyed every single second of it.”

Gianna: “Mine would be to, like, build a family with all of us, cause that’s what I think of us as. And meeting new people; and just being able to learn how to grow things in lots of different ways.”

Oscar: “I learned that farming ain’t that bad. I’m actually down to work at a farm now. And before I didn’t really drink a lot of water--I was just drinking soda and it was messing me up. Now I feel better. And another triumph is the way I eat now. Less McDonald’s and more vegetables.”

Jahlil: “My triumph was retaining all the information that I learned here. And this is the most cooking I’ve ever done in my entire life. It was definitely fun learning all the recipes, and I’m glad I have them. All you people are wonderful. Anybody that tells you otherwise is a downer. Thank you all. Thank you all.”

TO READ MORE STORIES ABOUT THE SPRING INTERNSHIP CLICK HERE!
Facebook
Twitter
Website
Instagram

No comments: