Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Raising [PIZZA] Dough for Raise the Roof!

On Tuesday over 50 people came to Companion Bakeshop's Pizza Night supporting Raise the Roof for FoodWhat youth! We ate almost 80 delicious pizzas like Kale Pesto with Sliced Potato & Ricotta and Zataar Roasted Carrots, Romesco Sauce & Yogurt made with produce from the farm. Companion donated 50% of the night’s proceeds to help build FoodWhat’s first outdoor gathering space/classroom for youth, and Odonata Wines jumped in to support with 10% of their proceeds from the night too!


With 120+ of you giving online and support from local businesses like Companion Bakeshop, Charlie Hong Kong, New Leaf Community Markets, the Penny, Assembly, Orchard Keepers, and Odonata’s we’re an incredible 94% of the way to build the first outdoor gathering space/classroom for FoodWhat youth!


Every gift, big or small, is extremely valuable and moves us towards the goal of having a gathering space thousands of youth will use for years to come.

...Less than 1 week to go! THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO!!




1 comment:

bryan flake said...

Oh my gosh, I wish I could have been there. I love Kale so much. I eat it a lot in my other food choices. For some silly reason, I haven't considered putting it on my pizza. It might be Kale Pizza night tonight at my house.
http://www.nitzaspizza.ca/order-now