Kicking off the Summer 2015 program!
Our crew is stoked to start Summer jobs on the FoodWhat Farm! Over the next few weeks, we'll develop our leadership skills, educate our communities about food justice, work in the fields to grow our own food, and work in the kitchen to get that food to our plates.
We've got a lot in store for this summer to accomplish all of these goals.
Here's what it'll look like:
- Always starting the day with an ice breaker to warm up
- Working on the FoodWhat farm to grow our food
- CSA harvest for our crew, families, and farm stands at Bayview Elementary School in Santa Cruz and Radcliff Elementary School in Watsonville
- BLASTS! Heading out to various school gardens to bust out some big projects
- Partnering with the Homeless Garden Project, People Power, Project ReGeneration and other amazing local nonprofits and activist
- Leadership, empowerment, nutrition, and food justice workshops
- Mind body awareness practices
- Cooking and learning with guest chefs
Check in for weekly updates to see what we're up to!