Friday, October 28, 2016

A special message from Abby...



Friends, Partners, and Community,

It was almost 10 years ago to the day that Doron called me to invite me to partner with him in creating a youth empowerment and farming program. When I agreed to help, I had no idea that the creation of FoodWhat would so deeply define and feed me through the next decade of my life.

As I reflect back on the last 10 years, I consider myself one of the luckiest people to have been so intimately involved with FoodWhat's birth and growth and the lives of so many inspiring, powerful people, particularly youth. My work with FoodWhat has been deeply life-changing and a huge source of my inspiration. I learned more about myself and gained more than I ever dreamed possible. I am profoundly grateful to Doron, to each of the FoodWhat youth, and to the FoodWhat staff who, on a daily basis, have been my greatest teachers and reflections, have challenged me, made me laugh, made me cry, touched my heart, been the reason I get out of bed in the mornings, and have become my family.

I am humbled by the truly exceptional people, like you, who are part of the FoodWhat community. You have helped advise, build, and so graciously contribute to make FoodWhat what it is today. Without you, FoodWhat would not have the reach and profound impacts it's had on the lives of so many young people. Your support, as part of FoodWhat's community, gives me the confidence in knowing that the work of FoodWhat will continue to grow and thrive.

In a few weeks I will be moving to the Bay Area to begin the next chapter of my personal and professional journey. While November 11th will be my last day with FoodWhat, I plan to stay connected with events and other opportunities that arise. I am very excited about the trajectory of FoodWhat as an organization. I believe very strongly in the power of FoodWhat's work, its profound impact on people, the community, and the planet. I look forward to continuing to offer support in ways that I can.

Thank you for all your trust, love, encouragement, and for believing in me. It has been an honor to do this work.

With deep gratitude, humility, and love,
Abby


Abby Bell
FoodWhat Co-Founder, Youth Programs, Food and Farm Manager



No comments: